Sunday, August 2, 2009

Finish A Chapter, Start Another

Welp, I got home around 4pm today. I still have to unpack and it's a little weird staying at home when I've been on my own for about a full year.

There have been many memories made this summer. I've done so many outdoorsy things and have been able to meet incredible people. I've gone hiking and rafting, tubing and fishing. I loved this summer. While there were some bad things that happened, things that frustrated me to no end, God was faithful and didn't give me more than I could handle.

Throughout the summer I suffered body pains almost every day. Some joint or muscle would hurt me and I knew it was just the devil trying to get me down. I still have pains in my shoulder and thighs so pray for me. I'm going to relax and wind down a bit before I have to return to Nashville in three weeks. I ask you pray for healing so I'm not in pain as we travel and I move in.

God has used this summer to teach me to trust and lean on Him. I've learned to have a soft heart for others and realize there are people right in front of me, who I pass daily, who are hurting and just want someone to let them know they care. I want to be a light wherever I go and meet as many people as I can. I've learned I can make someone's day by just giving them a smile and friendly greeting. Enough with being a closet Christian. It's time to show Jesus did a change in my life.

Sure I'll screw up, say the wrong things, do the wrong things but I learn better by trying then being so afraid to screw up I never move. No, I want to move and see and do. I want to see the world and experience everything God wants me to experience. This summer has made me stronger and more reliable on God than ever.

I'm ready to see my Jersey friends adn family. I'm ready to wind down and share all my experiences with them.

I thank you all for taking the time to faithfully read my blog. I love ya'll for the constant encouragement and prayers. I pray God will bless you for that. Thank you all so much for your love and support. I couldn't have done this without you.

If you want to read a continual story of my journey through life, read my personal blog www.inmymind08.blogspot.com.

For the final time...


Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment